- Additional information
• Haliotis rufescens (red abalone) is a species of very large edible sea snail distributed from British Columbia, Canada, to Baja California, Mexico.
• The shell is large, thick, dome-shaped and is usually brick red on the outside. Typically the shell has three or four oval holes or respiratory pores collectively known as the selenizone which form as the shell grows
• Slight variations in color, pattern and size should be expected
• You will receive a red abalone shell similar to the reference specimens
• Approximately 4-5″ long measured at the longest points