Real Copper Puff Heart | Solid Copper Mineral 1-1.25″ Mini Carved Heart
$20.00 – $37.00
- Additional information
• Copper has been in use at least 10,000 years, but more than 95% of all copper ever mined and smelted has been extracted since 1900
• Copper is a major industrial metal because of its high ductility, malleability, thermal and electrical conductivity and resistance to corrosion
• Approximately .75-1″ tall and roughly 1.125″ wide and about .5″ thick measured from the longest possible points
• You will receive real copper carved hearts similar to the reference specimens. Not drilled.
• Copper is a soft, malleable and ductile metal with very high thermal and electrical conductivity
According to the British Geological Survey, in 2005, Chile was the top mine producer of copper with at least one-third world share followed by the United States, Indonesia and Peru. In Greece, copper was known by the name chalkos (χαλκός). It was an important resource for the Romans, Greeks and other ancient peoples. In Roman times, it was known as aes Cyprium, aes being the generic Latin term for copper alloys and Cyprium from Cyprus, where much copper was mined. The phrase was simplified to cuprum, hence the English copper. Aphrodite and Venus represented copper in mythology and alchemy, because of its lustrous beauty, its ancient use in producing mirrors, and its association with Cyprus, which was sacred to the goddess. The seven heavenly bodies known to the ancients were associated with the seven metals known in antiquity, and Venus was assigned to copper. This copper carved heart is a great addition to a rock collection.
1 piece, 2 pieces