- Additional information
• Archaster typicus is a five-limbed star with long, slightly tapering arms with pointed tips. Occasionally three, four, or even six-armed individuals occur that can grow up to 4.7 to 5.9 in in diameter, with males often being smaller than females.
• This starfish is adapted to life on the sandy seabed, where it buries in the sediment during high tides and moves over the sediment surface during low tides
• Slight variations in color, pattern and size should be expected, as well as minor imperfections or battle scars
• You will receive one large sand sifting starfish similar to the reference specimens. These are real starfish that have been naturally dried so a slight odor may persist.
• Approximately 3-4″ long measured at the longest points