Thick African Porcupine Weaving Quills 9.5-12.5″ | 4 pieces
Out of stock
Email me when this item is back in stock!
- Additional information
• African porcupine quills are used in American Indian crafts, including quill work, which is perhaps the oldest form of embroidery used by Native Americans.
• Quills were folded, twisted, wrapped, plaited and sewn using a wide range of techniques to decorate articles of clothing, bags, knife sheaths, baskets, wooden handles and pipe stems.
• These are natural specimens so variations in size, shape and pattern should be expected. Roughly 3mm-5mm thick at the thickest points
• You will receive four thick porcupine quills similar to the reference specimens; can range in size from 9.5-12.5″ measured at the longest points
• Please keep in mind that the tips are still very sharp and should be handled with care